The Personal Tax Resolution Toolkit is intended for individuals, families, and small business owners. The techniques, tips, tools, and templates included in this package will help you to present your best case to the IRS. With the tools provided to you here, you will be in a better position to:
- Complete the necessary IRS financial forms.
- Determine your eligibility for various IRS resolution programs.
- Negotiate a payment plan, reduced settlement, or non-collectible status for yourself.
- Request reduction of your IRS penalties.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is meant to assist you in resolving your IRS tax liabilities. This information is not intended for, nor can it be used for, purposes of intentionally avoiding IRS penalties, defrauding the U.S. Government, or committing tax evasion. This information is not provided as, nor a substitute for, professional legal or accounting advice. It is always advisable to seek the assistance of a licensed Enrolled Agent, CPA, or attorney whenever dealing with matters of taxation.
1. Overview of the Tax Resolution Process
Please read the flow chart, and review the financial documents. Then watch the Form 433 video in part 2.
- Tax Resolution Process Flow Chart
- Financial Document Checklist
- Personal Finance Forms
- Unadvertised Bonus: Tax Lien Removal Guide
2. Finances: Documents, 433, and Analysis
- Video: Completing Form 433-A [Right click and select “Save as…” to download]
- Video: IRS Collection Financial Standards [Right click and “Save as…” to download]
- Form 433-B Completion Guidelines
- Link: IRS National Standards
IRS Financial Forms
- IRS Form 433-A (Individuals)
- IRS Form 433-B (Businesses)
- IRS Forms 433-A (Offer in Compromise Version)
- IRS Form 433-B (Offer in Compromise Version)
- Federal Tax Deposit Verification Form (Often required by Revenue Officers for businesses)
Note: After completing your IRS Form 433, feel free to send me a copy via email (email@example.com) or fax (877-941-1120), and I’ll review it for you and suggest the best IRS resolution program based on your financial situation. To make this determination, the Form 433 must be complete and accurate.
3. Payment Plans: Installment Agreements
- Full Video: Negotiating IRS Installment Agreements [Right click and “Save as…” to download]
- Audio Only: InstallmentAgreements.mp3 (1 hr, 41 min MP3)
- Installment Agreement Types/Qualifications Matrix
- Installment Agreement Proposal Template Letter(MS Word Document, 30 kb)
- IRS Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request (PDF)
4. Reduced Settlements: Offers in Compromise
- Offer in Compromise Quick Start Guide
- Full Video: Reduced Settlements – The IRS Offer in Compromise Program [Right click and “Save as…” to download]
- Audio Only: Offer in Compromise (1 hr, 35 min MP3)
- IRS Offer In Compromise Booklet, Form 656B (PDF)
- IRS Offer In Compromise, Doubt As To Liability, Booklet, Form 656-L (PDF)
5. Penalty Abatement Sample Letters
- Penalty Abatement Quick Start & Appeals Guide
- Penalty Abatement for Individuals Experiencing Financial Hardship
- Expanded Penalty Abatement Letter for Businesses Experiencing Financial Hardship
- Penalty Abatement Letter Regarding Health Problems and Other Absences
Step 1: Download, complete, and submit the Case Review Worksheet.
Step 2: Download, complete, and submit the Personal Power of Attorney (IRS Form 2848) OR Business Power of Attorney (IRS Form 2848) so that I can complete the investigation into your IRS accounts. The Power of Attorney allows me to research the history of your case with the IRS, order account transcripts, and obtain summaries of liabilities and missing returns, so that I can advise as per the conditions of the special offer which you have purchased.
Step 3: Send me copies of any recent IRS notices, and I’ll advise as to what they mean, any Appeals rights, and other items. In the future, I’ll receive copies of these notices due to the Power of Attorney on file, and whenever something new comes in I’ll advise you as to whether it’s of concern and what you need to do about it.
Step 4: Have an immediate tax question? Send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and I will get back to you within 48 business hours. This service is available to you during the first 60 days following your purchase — be sure to take advantage of it! You also receive a 30-minute telephone consultation, so email me to schedule a time for that as well.